Jeff Goldblum stalker gets restraining order
Jeff Goldblum has been granted a restraining order against the woman he claims has been stalking him since 2001.
An L.A. County judge granted a temporary restraining order yesterday (25.05.12) against Linda Ransom after Jeff claimed she constantly followed him in public.
Apparently the fanatic showed up at the 'Jurassic Park' actor's house uninvited and appeared on multiple occasions at his stage performances in New York City and Los Angeles.
She had been arrested five times for the various incidents and was declared incompetent in 2009.
Jeff stated in legal document: ''I am frightened of Ms. Ransom and feel she poses a serious threat to my personal safety.''
The screen star had filed for a restraining order back in 2010 against the female - around the time she was being released from a mental institution - but the judge denied the proposal.
The legal representative for the 59-year-old star was told she needed to make a ''fresh threat'' before an order would be granted.
Jeff was recently cast as Rachel Berry's gay dad in 'Glee'.
The 'Independence Day' actor teamed up with Broadway star Brian Stokes to play the adoptive parents of the character - played by Lea Michele - and sang a duet together on a special Valentine's Day episode.26-05-2012
- Cheryl Cole says 'beauty comes from within' - 24 May 2013
- Leona Lewis is interested in astrology - 24 May 2013
- Khloe Kardashian wants a son - 24 May 2013
- Alice Eve believes in aliens - 24 May 2013
- Nick Carter writing memoir - 24 May 2013
- Separate bedrooms for Miley and Liam - 24 May 2013
- 1m for space flight with Leonardo DiCaprio - 24 May 2013
- 'Good friends' Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt - 23 May 2013