Leonardo DiCaprio was almost in Baywatch
Leonardo DiCaprio was almost cast in 'Baywatch'.
The 'Romeo + Juliet' star was in line to play the role of Hobie - son of central character Mitch Buchannon - in the hugely popular 90s Californian lifeguard series, but show star and producer David Hasselhoff thinks it was better for his career not to have won the part.
David - who played Mitch and co-produced the show- said: ''Yeah, it was true! You know what, it was the best thing to happen to Leonardo DiCaprio.
''I saw Leonardo and I said, 'You know what, that was the best thing that ever happened to you!
''You would have never gotten 'Titanic' and have been this big star.''
Joking about the actor who did get the role he added: ''You'd be like Jeremy Jackson and David Hasselhoff, looking for work.' Ha!''
Although David jokes, Leonardo is now one of the most recognisable film stars in the world, while Jeremy has dealt with drug problems, which he partly has attributed to the show - at one time the most widely watched TV programme on the planet - and appeared in 'Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew' in 2011.
David has continued to have a successful career as a TV personality and reality TV judge on 'America's Got Talent' and 'Britain's Got Talent'. Other stars to go on to successful careers after appearing in 'Baywatch' include Carmen Electra and Pamela Anderson.31-05-2012
- Emmerdale star Richard Thorp dies - 22 May 2013
- X Factor 2013 judging panel confirmed - 22 May 2013
- Al Murray planning Pub Landlord film - 22 May 2013
- Cara Delevingne gets her initials tattooed - 22 May 2013
- Heather Graham in no rush to marry - 22 May 2013
- Millie to quit Made In Chelsea? - 22 May 2013
- Dannii Minogue felt 'awful' about fame - 22 May 2013
- David Beckham wanted for Dancing on Ice - 22 May 2013