Virgin TV keeps kids 'appy' this summer
25 August 2017
TV-IPs get their own entertainment hub
Today, Virgin Media launches Virgin TV Kids – the most comprehensive entertainment app, created exclusively for some of its youngest customers. The Virgin TV Kids app is fun and easy-to-use, whilst creating a safe environment for children to be engaged and entertained.
The app has been designed specifically for the TV-IPs (Tiny Very Important People) in the home – for pre and early primary school children (3-7 years old) – and brings together more than 2000 episodes of on demand kids TV, along with reading books and interactive games. The app has been developed to be a safe space, free from advertising and other commercial influences such as no in-app purchases.
At launch the key features include:
- Many of the best kids TV shows, including Bob The Builder, Mike The Knight, In The Night Garden, Thomas & Friends, Peppa Pig, PAW Patrol, Masha and Bear, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, Monkey See, Monkey Doo, Angelina Ballerina and more. With new TV shows and boxsets available each month.
- Some of the most-loved books, which adults and older siblings can read with little ones or early readers can read for themselves – including Monsters Love Underpants, Princess Evie’s Ponies, Dogs Don’t Do Ballet and Barry The Fish With Fingers and No-Bot, the Robot with No Bottom.
- Lots of exciting new games to test children’s skills in logic, memory and problem solving - including Playful Kitty, Bubble Gems, Kids Tangram and Doctor Teeth.
- A bright, fun and easy-to-use interface, which can be personalised for each child with individual profiles of tailored characters, nicknames and backgrounds.
- TV shows can be downloaded to allow kids to watch them offline, such as on a plane or car journey.
- Kids love to watch the same programmes on repeat so to make this easy the app has a button which, when pressed, will play the same show five times over.Parental settings, which allow grown-ups to restrict streaming to a WiFi connection only, to keep kids in the app and prevent straying into the internet, notifies upon mobile data usage, manages downloads and devices and see usage history of games, books and TV shows.
David Bouchier, Chief Entertainment Officer at Virgin Media, said:
Our Virgin TV Kids app is a safe and fun space designed exclusively for pre-schoolers, Virgin TV’s youngest customers. Parents and carers can let their children explore the best children’s TV shows from all their favourite channels such as Disney, Nick Jr, Boomerang and more, as well as a wide range of books and games safe in the knowledge that kids can never be exposed to age inappropriate or harmful content. Our Kids app has not only the UK’s best selection of pre-school entertainment, but it comes with added peace of mind for parents - an environment free from ads and other commercial influences. Best of all it comes at no extra cost to Virgin TV customers who subscribe to our kids channels. What could be a better parental antidote for the holidays!
The Virgin TV Kids app is available from today for all Virgin TV customers on the Fun and Full House bundles to download for free from the Apple App Store, and Google Play. The app works on compatible smartphones and tablets, iOS 8 and Android 4.1 and above is required and content can be viewed on WiFi and 3G/4G in the UK, with the ability to download TV shows to watch offline if abroad.
Notes to editors
Channels include: Boomerang, Cartoonito, Disney jr, Tiny Pop, Milkshake, Nick Jr, NickToons, Tiddlers TV, VTV Kids and ZooMoo.
- Yeti Sensation
- Kids Tangram
- Kids Puzzle Adventure
- Pirates of Islets
- Finders Critters
- Bubble Gems
- Playful Kitty
- Nut Rush
- Doctor Teeth
- 1010 Animals
- Kids Puzzle Sea
- Kids Match the Animal
- Kiba & Kumba Jigsaw Puzzle
- Chip Family
- Easter Card Match Maker
- How to grow a dinosaur
- Monsters love underpants
- Princess Evie’s ponies: Indigo the magic rainbow pony
- The worst princess
- Supertato veggies assemble
- Supermarket zoo
- Pirates love underpants
- Princess Evie’s ponies: Neptune the magic sea pony
- Dogs don’t do ballet
- Barry the fish with fingers and the hairy scary monster
- Dinosaurs love underpants
- Dylan’s amazing Dinosaurs T-Rex
- Princess Evie’s ponies: Silver the magic snow pony
- Norman the slug with a silly shell
- No-Bot, the robot with no bottom
The Virgin TV Kids app can be viewed on 3G/4G or WiFi.
The company also offers a Virgin TV Anywhere app (customers can watch live, on demand and recorded shows, at home and on the go) and My Virgin Media app (customers can manage their account, check service status and get help at the touch of a button).
Olivia McKee, Virgin Media
Recommended press releases