'Iron Man 3' has been crowned the highest-grossing film of 2013.
The Robert Downey Jr.-starring superhero adventure took in a massive total of $1,215,439,994 at the global box office, wiping out competition from runner-up 'Despicable Me 2' with total takings of $918,573,535.
Meanwhile, the sixth instalment of racing franchise 'Fast & Furious' - which stars the late actor Paul Walker - came in third place with $788,679,850.
'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' has already grossed $771,484,011 in the few weeks since its release, while animated comedy sequel 'Monsters University' rounded out the top five with $743,559,607, according to Box Office Mojo.
Blockbusters 'Man of Steel', 'Gravity', 'Thor: The Dark World', 'The Croods' and 'World War Z' completed the top ten.
It seems Downey Jr. has found a winning formula with Marvel's 'Iron Man', since his role as playboy billionaire Tony Stark has made him the best paid actor in Hollywood with estimated earnings of $75 million.
Thanks to 2012 superhero team-up movie, 'The Avengers', Iron Man has also became the highest-earning superhero on the big screen of all time, raking in a combined figure of $3.8 billion.
The top 20 highest-grossing movies of 2013 are as follows:
1. Iron Man 3 - $1,215,439,994
2. Despicable Me 2 - $918,573,535
3. Fast & Furious 6 - $788,679,850
4. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - $771,484,011
5. Monsters University - $743,559,607
6. Man of Steel - $662,845,518
7. Gravity - $652,394,288
8. Thor: The Dark World - $627,858,622
9. The Croods - $587,204,668
10. World War Z - $540,007,876
11. Oz the Great and Powerful - $493,311,825
12. Star Trek Into Darkness - $467,365,246
13. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - $426,244,000
14. The Wolverine - $414,828,246
15. Pacific Rim - $407,602,906
16. GI Joe: Retaliation - $375,740,705
17. Frozen - $363,012,773
18. Now You See Me - $351,723,989
19. The Hangover Part III - $351,000,072
20. The Great Gatsby - $348,840,419