"RIP Fats" was written on the wall of Fats Domino's New Orleans home after it was devastated by the Hurricane Katrina flood. Fortunately, it turned out Fats Domino and his family had been rescued and the 82-year-old R&B pianist, who was playing proto-rock'n'roll piano way back in 1949, made a very rare live performance at a Katrina benefit in May 2008.
Also in Music
- Lana Del Rey announces new album
- Britney to retire after Las Vegas shows?
- Ed Sheeran finishes his second album
- BRITs Critics' Choice nominees announced
- Paul McCartney joins the Japanese Beatles
- Boyzone chat to Stephen Gately before each gig
- Kate Nash: It's great to have Lily Allen back
- Pharrell Williams defends Miley
- Rolling Stones announce tour dates
- Ed Sheeran sought Taylor Swift's approval for his new tracks
- Britney's album set to flop?
- Owen Wilson stars in The Killers' Christmas song
- Blink 182 to headline Reading and Leeds
- Muse album will be stripped back
- Katy Perry and John Mayer collaborate