Satchmo: Louis Armstrong
Short for Satchelmouth – a reference to Armstrong's pursed lips and puffed cheeks when he worked his magic on the cornet and trumpet – the Satchmo tag was first employed by the editor of the now-defunct Melody Maker in London in 1932. It was inseparable from its owner until Armstrong's death almost 40 years later.
Also in Music
- Leona Lewis doesn't worry about sales
- McBusted set to release new album?
- Rebecca Ferguson: Women should be ruthless
- Ronan Keating has Boyzone brothers
- Jay Z leads Grammy nominations
- Selena Gomez felt like 'a man'
- The Killers think X Factor will be a breeze
- John Mayer splits from manager
- Yoko Ono doesn't want her son compared John
- Noel Gallagher slams Arcade Fire
- Bono pens essay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Howard Donald: I battled for DJ respect
- Ed Sheeran finishes his second album
- Britney to retire after Las Vegas shows?
- Lana Del Rey announces new album