Pink Floyd: The Dark Side Of The Moon
Label Capitol Year of release 1973 Genre Prog Rock A cinematic prog-rock exploration of epic proportions, Pink Floyd's multi-million selling masterpiece established the band as one of the world's biggest acts and set the benchmark in modern recording and production Top facts: The album was unusual for featuring now infamous snippets of dialogue throughout.... Pink Floyd fans started to notice that if you watched The Wizard Of Oz while playing The Dark Side Of The Moon, the album provided a bizarrely fitting soundtrack, with certain images seeming to synchronise with the music and lyrics.
Also in Music
- Noel Gallagher slams Arcade Fire
- Yoko Ono doesn't want her son compared John
- Bono pens essay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Howard Donald: I battled for DJ respect
- Ed Sheeran finishes his second album
- Britney to retire after Las Vegas shows?
- Lana Del Rey announces new album
- Paul McCartney joins the Japanese Beatles
- BRITs Critics' Choice nominees announced
- Boyzone chat to Stephen Gately before each gig
- Kate Nash: It's great to have Lily Allen back
- Pharrell Williams defends Miley
- Rolling Stones announce tour dates
- Ed Sheeran sought Taylor Swift's approval for his new tracks
- Britney's album set to flop?