Joey Essex's mum suicide heartache
Joey Essex's mother committed suicide when he was just 10 years old.
The 'Only Way Is Essex' hunk - who shot to fame in the second series of the ITV2 reality series - has reportedly been battling with a secret family heartache since his mum took her own life when she dropped Joey and his older sister Frankie off at school one morning after battling mental health problems.
A friend of the family told The Sun newspaper: "Joey seems so happy-go-lucky on the show and never appears to have any worries. I think it will shock his fans to know what he's been through.
He was only a little lad when his mum Tina passed away and things were obviously very tough for the whole family after her death. He's very close to his sister Frankie and they support each other.
"She always tells him how proud their mum would be if she could see him on the TV and that really helps him when he thinks about her."
However, Joey - who is currently romancing 'TOWIE' cast membet Sam Faiers - isn't the only star of the show to have battled a childhood heartache.
His cousin Chloe Sims recently revealed how her mum abandoned her at the age of just three.
She said: "I don't remember my mum. I might have even walked past her in the street and could have brothers and sisters I don't know about.
"I don't know if I'd want to track her down though. I don't really need her as I have a great family."26-05-2011
- Jonathan Ross signs £2 million ITV deal
- Jack Walton rejected by girls over his mum's sexuality
- Cheryl Fernandez Versini can't sleep thanks to Simon Cowell
- Simon Gregson proposed to wife in the bath
- Lucy Mecklenburgh's dog loses five teeth
- Aaron Chalmers: Charlotte Crosby and Gary Beadle will get married
- Louis Walsh to axe two from Stereo Kicks?
- Scott Mills sheds seven pounds on Strictly