Doctor Who bosses need 30 'real' Daleks
'Doctor Who' producers need 30 ''real'' Daleks to battle the Time Lord in a new episode.
The Doctor's most famous foes are returning to try to exterminate their nemesis in Series 7 and rather than use CGI versions of the metal-encased aliens bosses want Daleks that have featured in the BBC sci-fi show before.
Executive producer Caroline Skinner has confirmed several generations of the monsters are required, saying: ''We're collecting every Dalek known to man, it's going to be great.''
One Dalek that has already been drafted in to fight Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith is one called Russell T. Davies, which belongs to the programme's former showrunner of the same name and the man responsible for bringing 'Doctor Who' back to TV screens in 2005.
Skinner confirmed Davies' personal Dalek would feature, tweeting: ''Russell T Davies' Dalek has arrived on set - I'm talking her through her part! (sic)''
Bosses have enquired about using a Dalek that last featured in the show 40 years ago in the 1972 adventure 'Day of the Daleks' opposite Third Doctor John Pertwee which is now owned by The Sun newspaper.
It was previously revealed that every generation of Dalek from the last five decades would be returning for the episode after the iconic characters were given a rest in Series 6 by head writer Steven Moffat.
Moffat said: ''We have every kind of Dalek coming back. Just wait and see.''
- Kendra Wilkinson's father 'stunned' by her flirty antics
- Rita Ora wants to be The Voice contestants' friend
- Charlotte Hawkins: I'll be 'conscious' of losing baby weight
- Steve Backshall leaves Strictly Come Dancing
- Stevi Ritchie eliminated from X Factor
- Claudia Winkleman receives Strictly Come Dancing applause
- Vicky Pattison: Maria Fowler wanted to ruin my relationship
- Melanie Sykes' ex slams star for violent past