Fry to star in Doors Open
Stephen Fry is to star in new ITV drama 'Doors Open'.
The 'QI' host will appear alongside Dougie Henshall in the two-hour TV film, which is based on the best-selling book by Ian Rankin.
'Doors Open' tells the story of a self-made millionaire (Dougie), an art professor (Stephen) and a banker who come together to undertake an audacious art heist and the 54-year-old funnyman says he can't wait to take on the role of Professor Gissing.
Fry - whose company Sprout Pictures will produce the project - said: ''I picked up Ian Rankin's breathless and ingenious thriller 'Doors Open' at an airport a year or so back and as I read I just knew it would make a thrilling, charming and original TV drama. I also adored the character of Professor Gissing and a shamefully vain part of me refused to see anyone else in the role. I am so thrilled that ITV were of the same opinion and that all of us at Sprout Pictures have managed to put together what I believe will be an entertaining, suspenseful art heist thriller which will appeal to audiences at home and abroad.''
Laura Mackie, Director of Drama at ITV says: '''Doors Open' is full of excitement with many twists and turns and it is as much of a love story as an art heist. We have an A-list cast lined up to bring Ian Rankin's great characters to life.''
Filming begins in Edinburgh, Scotland on 23 April for five weeks. Further cast announcements will be made shortly.
- Doctor Who Christmas special inspired by comic strip
- Made In Chelsea's Lucy Watson wants Cowell for Christmas
- Ashley Banjo's cockroach phobia
- Brendan O'Carroll: Mrs. Brown's Boys isn't over
- The Apprentice star Solomon slams fellow contestants
- Gregg Wallace engaged to girlfriend
- Ryan Thomas missing his girlfriend?
- Katherine Dow Blyton killing Emmerdale 'magic'