Jane McEvoy: 'I didn't mean to be aggressive'
Jane McEvoy ''didn't mean'' to be aggressive on her final 'Apprentice' task.
The fired candidate lost out to fellow contestants Gabrielle and Laura in the boardroom on the BBC One show last night (11.04.12), and she admits part of the problem was she did not believe in the product during the task, in which both teams had to source second hand items to sell at a profit.
She exclusively told BANG Showbiz: ''I didn't mean to be aggressive, I suppose it was more desperation. I felt really, really bad, it was awful, what we were trying to sell. It was like, 'Yeah we're looking for £20 for this,' but I definitely wouldn't have it! I have to be passionate about something to sell it.
''I really found it very, very difficult when I thought the stuff was crap. That's just me. It may be a flaw or it may be a good point.''
Jane - who now runs a baby food business named after her son Harry - did not think she should have lost out on the task, in which she made the lowest sales in the Sterling group, but accepts she did make ''mistakes''.
She added: ''It definitely wasn't my strongest task, I'll definitely admit that. I completely knew nothing about that area and for that reason I spent the time doing PR outside. I did an awful lot of work, I didn't lead on the task, so it's difficult to say. Obviously I didn't want to get fired. I made mistakes, but there were definitely mistakes made by others too.''12-04-2012
- Hetti Bywater: I panicked filming dead body scenes
- Peter Capaldi killed off in The Musketeers
- Jimi Mistry's wife helps him work out for Corrie
- Mario Falcone would quit TOWIE for Lucy Mecklenburgh
- Binky Felstead: 'I thought Alex Mytton was a loser'
- Natalie Cassidy for lesbian storyline
- Matt Smith will 'happily come back' to Doctor Who
- Amy Childs set to have breast implants removed