Dawn French joins Superstar panel
Dawn French has joined the judging panel of 'Superstar'.
The 'Vicar of Dibley' actress will sit alongside Jason Donovan and Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber on the ITV1 talent show as the musical mogul tries to find a new Jesus for his latest show 'Jesus Christ Superstar'.
Dawn said: ''I'm gagging to find Jesus with the help of the Good Lord. I have actually been searching for him my whole life, and I can't believe that inside a few weeks we are going to find him. The fact that he is going to be a rock god is a massive bonus.''
Jason - who assisted at callbacks for the show in March - said: ''We have unearthed some cracking talent so far and I'm really pleased I've had time to get to know the finalists as we've moved through the competition stages.
''It's an honour to sit by Andrew on the judging panel and I can't wait for the live shows to start.''
The show will be hosted by Amanda Holden and bosses hope they fill the role of Jesus for an arena tour of the hit musical which also stars Melanie C, Tim Minchin and Chris Moyles.
Andrew is confident they will unearth a new star as the level of talent in auditions has been so high.
He said: ''I am thrilled with the finalists I have chosen to put through to the live shows, they could not be a more varied bunch.''
'Superstar' will launch this summer on ITV1.
- EastEnders' Lucy Beale and Danny Pennant kiss
- Paula Lane 'satisfied' on Corrie
- Rebecca Adlington and Alfonso Ribeiro voted off I'm A Celebrity
- EastEnders' Janine Butchers confesses to murder
- Corrie's Roy Cropper goes missing after Hayley's death
- Michelle Dockery: I don't 'give a sh*t' about opinions
- Cheryl Cole to appear on Coronation Street
- Ripper Street axed