Meryl Fernandes leaving EastEnders
Meryl Fernandes has filmed her last scenes on 'EastEnders'.
The actress - who plays the role of Afia Masood in the BBC One soap - will be seen for the last time on Albert Square next month after ongoing issues with her husband Tamwar (Himesh Patel).
A spokesperson confirmed to Digital Spy: ''Meryl Fernandes recently finished filming her final scenes at 'EastEnders', which will be on screen next month.''
The couple have been through a difficult period after a fire at the Bed and Breakfast at Christmas and issues with Tamwar and Yusef Khan.
A source close to the show added: ''Since the traumatic events of the fire, things have not been the same in Tamwar and Afia's relationship. As their issues worsen, they are forced to decide whether their marriage is worth fighting for or whether they have grown apart.''
A number of the cast have left the soap in recent weeks, including Patsy Palmer and June Brown, who claimed she may never return after a six month break to write her memoirs.
Jo Joyner is also taking a break from 'EastEnders'.23-05-2012
- Sharon Osbourne to launch Sam Bailey in US
- Dancing On Ice line-up revealed
- Benedict Cumberbatch 'worried' about Sherlock return
- Mark Wright nearly knocks out John Bishop in celebrity match
- Laura Whitmore: Kian's teamwork clinched I'm A Celeb win
- Amy Childs, Sinitta to take part in The Jump
- Luke Friend frustrated by Rough Copy exit
- Beauty School Cop Outs stars come to blows