Louis Walsh covers for Cowell on US X Factor
Louis Walsh has flown to the US to cover for Simon Cowell on 'X Factor'.
The music mogul has been taken ill with bronchitis and turned to his old friend and UK 'X Factor' judge Louis to take over at the last minute.
Simon convinced bosses at the Fox network that Louis was the best person for the job due to his vast experience on the British show and immediately arranged a £160,000 round-trip by private jet to cover for him at auditions today (08.06.12) and tomorrow (09.06.12) in Kansas City.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''Simon said it was an emergency and Louis was the man for the job.
''He said he'd sorted out a private jet for him and he was to get on it as soon as he finished up in Manchester.
''He greased the wheels with the US bosses, telling them that Louis was the man who knew more about the 'X Factor' than any other judge.''
Louis will join L.A. Reid, Demi Lovato and Britney Spears on the panel.
Simon hopes to have recovered in time for the next auditions in San Francisco on June 16.08-06-2012
- Kian Egan almost hospitalised in jungle
- Dancing on Ice lines up past contestant special
- Sharon Osbourne in tears after Rough Copy's X Factor exit
- Geri Halliwell to star in Trollied Christmas special
- Will Mellor: I got accused of drugging my wife
- Joey Essex and Amy Willerton are dating
- George Lamb wants interior design show
- Kian Egan hated not speaking to wife in jungle