Dave Berry ditched Olympic tickets for TV show
Dave Berry had to ditch his Olympic Games tickets to present a new TV show.
The 33-year-old host is appearing on Beat TV on ITV - which looks at the ''social side'' of the London Olympics - and while he is appreciative of the work, he admits he was upset to miss out on seeing the women's beach volleyball.
He said: ''I was offered some tickets to the women's beach volleyball, but because of the live show I can't go.
''So from an Olympics point of view, Beat TV has been the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me, career wise.''
However, Dave - who was previously engaged to Sugababe Heidi Range - admits working on the programme has forced him to up his style to co-host alongside Laura Whitmore.
He said: ''I have had my tailors working night and day to cobble me together the fines threads money can buy, to outglam the annoyingly gorgeous Laura.''
Guests on the series include Mark Ronson, Rupert Grint and Katy B, and it will begin airing this evening on ITV2 at 6.30pm.30-07-2012
- Melanie McCabe backs Sam Bailey for X Factor win
- Rebecca Ferguson sick before X Factor performance
- Julie Hesmondhalgh: filming last Corrie scenes was 'upsetting'
- Chloe Sims wants Joey Essex and Amy Willerton romance
- Simon Cowell mocks Demot O'Leary in musical
- Sam Bailey gets advice from Ozzy Osbourne
- Abbey Clancy hoping for Stoke City backing on Strictly
- Lacey Turner to return to EastEnders