Claudia Winkleman leaving Strictly for family
Claudia Winkleman is leaving 'Strictly: It Takes Two' to spend more time with her children.
The 40-year-old presenter - who has children Jake, nine, Matilda, six, and 13-month-old Arthur with husband Kris Thykier - will not be returning to the 'Strictly Come Dancing' spin-off show after a year off on maternity leave in 2011 as she wants to spend more time with her family.
She exclusively told BANG Showbiz: ''Sadly I'm not coming back to present 'It Takes Two', I haven't actually told anyone that yet. I'm very sad about it, it's an amazing job.
''But it's a really good job for when you've got little kids and the only time you're needed is in the evening when they're going to bed. However, my two oldest children are nine and six and the only time '''Strictly' needs me is between 4pm and 7pm which is when my kids need me to be at home. I want to be there to make them dinner and help them with their homework and obviously they have to come first.''
However, Claudia will still be involved with the show as she will work on the results segment with Tess Daly.
She added: ''I love 'It Takes Two' so much and the whole 'Strictly' family. I will still do the results show with Tess though so I will still get to hug Len Goodman inappropriately and I'll get to see them all.''
Claudia Winkleman is backing the EDF Energy of the Nation, a nightly Olympic lightshow, driven by the nation's London 2012 tweets. See your tweets light up the EDF Energy London Eye using #Energy2012 or at edfenergyofthenation.com06-08-2012
- Mark Wright thought James 'Arg' Argent's sister fancied him
- Patsy Kensit planning to go horse riding with Katie Price
- Beverley Callard: Anne's funeral was beautiful
- Diversity launch kids contest
- Rakhee Thakrar: EastEnders anniversary scripts 'censored'
- Patsy Kensit compares 'Celebrity Big Brother' to psychiatric hospital
- Jane and Ian Beale's wedding song to be chosen by viewers
- Stacey Solomon and Steve-O set for romance?