Letitia Dean wants Sharon/Phil romance
Letita Dean wants her 'EastEnders' character to have a romance with Phil Mitchell.
The actress has returned as Sharon Rickman in the soap for the first time since 2006 - and is hopeful Sharon and Steve McFadden's Phil, who have had flings in the past, will resume their relationship .
She told 'Daybreak': ''I've always loved working with Steve - I think he's fantastic. I think there's always going to be that frisson between Phil and Sharon. I don't know where it's going to go - I'm not quite sure yet. But I'm sure it'll be fantastic.''
Letitia also revealed she is unsure of what the future will hold for Sharon but is thrilled to be back in the soap and as a more mature character.
She added: ''It's just wonderful to be back. It is that old cliche - there is no place like home, and it's always felt like that to me. It's joyous to come back as a mother - a little more mature.''
Sharon's return to the soap was brought about when she called Phil for help on her wedding day after her son was kidnapped and Letitia believes Sharon is a ''lost soul''.
She explained: ''She's totally lost. She doesn't know who she is, where she's going. There's something that comes out later, that's happened to her in the States and stuff like that.
''But she's a lost soul, and this is home again. There's no place like home, so she finds herself back there again.''10-08-2012
- Kian Egan hated not speaking to wife in jungle
- Rough Copy enjoyed boozy night out after X Factor exit
- Dappy signs £100,000 Celebrity Big Brother deal
- James Jordan wants Strictly judge shake-up
- EastEnders make Mandela tribute
- Joey Essex and Amy Willerton 'closer than friends'
- Gaz Beadle plans 'ultimate reality show'
- Shane Richie finds Christmas filming strange