Ricky Gervais ruined Derek takes by laughing
Ricky Gervais has ruined half of the takes on new show 'Derek' by laughing.
The comedian is working on the comedy series for Channel 4, about a man on the fringes of society who works in a retirement home, and admitted he is not being very professional on set.
He joked on twitter: ''So that's the first 5 hours filming on Derek. I only ruined about 50 per cent of the takes laughing. Ooh... when did I get so professional, right? (sic)''
Ricky writes, directs and stars in the show which was picked up for a series after the initial pilot episode in April drew in 3.2 million viewers, the highest ratings for a scripted comedy on the channel for two years.
Karl Pilkington and Kerry Godliman will also be returning to the show as best friend Dougie and co-worker Hannah.
Ricky previously hit out at claims by some that 'Derek' would end his career because of the sensitive nature of the character.
He said: ''Every single week has been the end of my career if you believe six or seven journalists.
''It makes no difference to me or my work. I don't care if people like it or not. I'm happy with it, I get the final edit.
''These people have got to write a blog or an article every day, they have to write about something and now and again when I do something that gives them something to write about. It's just noise. It's just graffiti. Most people make their own minds up, which is good.''14-08-2012
- Corrie's Peter kisses Tina on wedding day
- will.i.am promises new Voice catchphrases
- Matt Smith's life changed with Doctor Who
- Matthew Wright and Vincent Simone booted off I'm A Celebrity
- Susanna Reid's Strictly schedule takes its toll
- Ant and Dec: Campmates are being themselves
- Beauty School Cop Out Scarlett get 'posh' intimate makeover
- Helen Flanagan and Scott Sinclair back together