Strictly fans concerned about new theme song
'Strictly Come Dancing' fans have voiced anger about the show's new theme song.
The theme - which was previously an instrumental - has had lyrics added including, ''want to feel your body close to mine'' and ''shake your body'', and viewers have taken to internet forums to voice their negative views about the change.
Writing on the official YouTube channel, Natalie Dun said: ''It isn't the 'Strictly' theme that I know and love, therefore I am not a fan. While I appreciate the vocalists, it feels wrong to have them covering the main theme.''
Fellow show fan and internet user Poke125 added: ''If it ain't broke, why fix it?''
DjMattClay said: ''Awful - way to ruin one of British TV's most recognised themes.''
However, not all fans were against the change, with one twitter user Kate Le Vann saying: ''Excited the Strictly theme now has words. Let's go dancin' dum dum dum. Can sing along now, like with The Sweeney (sic)''
The BBC say they have not received any complaints from viewers.
This Saturday (22.09.12) will be the first live show for the competitors, and contestant Jerry Hall - who is teamed with Anton Du Beke - has already admitted to having nerves ahead of the programme.
She said: ''Every day, and it's really hard work. I'm just gunna go for it. I love to do things that are scary, that scare me.''19-09-2012
- Geordie Shore's Scott and Holly get cosy Down Under
- Larry Lamb wants a polyamorous relationship
- Professor Green confirms Millie Mackintosh is leaving MIC
- Lauren Branning to be hospitalised for drinking
- Helen Flanagan 'nervous wreck' after armed burglary
- Julian Rhind-Tutt in frame for Doctor Who role
- David Walliams 'cant believe' he gets paid for BGT
- Olly Murs wants TV role to find love