X Factor reject claims show is fixed
'X Factor' reject Joseph Whelan has out at the show - claiming it's fixed.
The single dad was axed from the ITV1 talent show after the bootcamp stage of the show over the weekend and insists he should have gone through instead of Rylan Clark.
Joseph claims the judges - Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh, Tulisa Contostavlos and Nicole Scherzinger - only put Rylan through to the Judges' Houses stage because of his looks and personality rather than his vocal talent.
He told The Sun newspaper: ''Rylan has a great look and great personality - but the man can't sing!
'''The X Factor' set me up for a fall. They shafted me by praising me so highly - then sending me home. I nailed all three of my performances and didn't get one negative comment from the judges. So I was in complete shock when they kicked me out.
''But 'The X Factor' loves controversy. They obviously decided the backlash was worth getting rid of me for.''
However, Joseph says he doesn't regret taking part and is sure he will still be a success.
He added: ''I'm not sorry I entered, though. Despite everything, it has been a great platform for me. Maybe I'll beat the winner to the Christmas number one this year.''25-09-2012
- Spencer Matthews: I want to be biggest TV villain
- Ben Daniels joins The Paradise
- Simon Cowell bored of TV talent shows
- Gary Lineker's brother Wayne joins TOWIE
- Helen Flanagan admits 'shoplifting'
- Jack P. Shepherd and fiancée expecting second child
- Big Brother plans 'summer of hell'
- Simon Cowell 'dreading' Britain's Got Talent live finals