Kye Sones departs X Factor
Kye Sones has been voted off 'The X Factor'.
The 30-year-old singer - who was mentored by Gary Barlow - lost his place in the competition after judge Tulisa Contostavlos took the final vote against Rylan Clark to deadlock, after a performance of Jason Mraz's 'I Won't Give Up' up against Rylan's singing of Des'ree's 'Kissing You'.
With voting figures used, Kye was sent home.
However, he took the decision well and promised fans he would eventually release an album.
Kye's departure means Christopher Maloney is Gary's only remaining act.
Speaking on 'The Xtra Factor', Gary said: ''It was horrible. The sing-offs have been crazy this year, I've lost two acts to Rylan. It's going to be a funny show next week.''
Kye's friend, radio DJ Fearne Cotton, took to twitter to say she was upset he had departed.
She wrote: ''Gutted. Kye was amazing in the sing off tonight. Love you mate x (sic)''
Nicole Scherzinger is now the only judge to have all three of her acts remaining.
Louis Walsh still has boy bands District 3 and Union J in the competition, while Tulisa has only Ella Henderson since the departure of Lucy Spraggan due to ill health.05-11-2012
- Jonathan Ross signs £2 million ITV deal
- Jack Walton rejected by girls over his mum's sexuality
- Cheryl Fernandez Versini can't sleep thanks to Simon Cowell
- Simon Gregson proposed to wife in the bath
- Lucy Mecklenburgh's dog loses five teeth
- Aaron Chalmers: Charlotte Crosby and Gary Beadle will get married
- Louis Walsh to axe two from Stereo Kicks?
- Scott Mills sheds seven pounds on Strictly