Kye Sones departs X Factor
Kye Sones has been voted off 'The X Factor'.
The 30-year-old singer - who was mentored by Gary Barlow - lost his place in the competition after judge Tulisa Contostavlos took the final vote against Rylan Clark to deadlock, after a performance of Jason Mraz's 'I Won't Give Up' up against Rylan's singing of Des'ree's 'Kissing You'.
With voting figures used, Kye was sent home.
However, he took the decision well and promised fans he would eventually release an album.
Kye's departure means Christopher Maloney is Gary's only remaining act.
Speaking on 'The Xtra Factor', Gary said: ''It was horrible. The sing-offs have been crazy this year, I've lost two acts to Rylan. It's going to be a funny show next week.''
Kye's friend, radio DJ Fearne Cotton, took to twitter to say she was upset he had departed.
She wrote: ''Gutted. Kye was amazing in the sing off tonight. Love you mate x (sic)''
Nicole Scherzinger is now the only judge to have all three of her acts remaining.
Louis Walsh still has boy bands District 3 and Union J in the competition, while Tulisa has only Ella Henderson since the departure of Lucy Spraggan due to ill health.05-11-2012
- Marvin Humes: I'm a shoulder to cry on
- Suspects returns for second series
- Kate Garraway joining Good Morning Britain
- Jacqueline Jossa losing sleep over Lucy Beale murder
- Holly Willoughby pregnant with third child
- Keeley Hawes cast in Doctor Who
- Danielle Armstrong sorry for Gemma Collins fat jibe
- Gregg Wallace's potato endorsement