Craig Revel Horwood: Strictly unites families
Craig Revel Horwood believes 'Strictly Come Dancing' brings families together.
The 47-year-old judge believes the BBC should be commended for creating a show that several generations sit down and watch together as there is nothing else like it on British TV.
He said: '''Strictly' is a good value entertainment show through and through. It appeals to little kids, their mums and dads and their grandparents.
''Nowadays, with iPads, iPods and everything else, people aren't sitting down together and being a family any more.
''Strictly is the only show they will all watch together on a Saturday night. I think the Beeb should be patted on the back for it.''
Craig is enjoying watching gymnast Louis Smith on this year's show but believes the Olympian needs to curb his over-confidence and work harder if he is to stand a chance of winning the glitterball trophy.
He told The Sun newspaper: ''I like Louis very much. He has great potential but is still learning and needs to catch up with people like Kimberley Walsh and Lisa Riley.
''You can have self-confidence as an issue but he doesn't have that problem. He is over-confident. He needs to calm down and put the work in.''20-11-2012
- Helen Wood regrets Brian Belo 'rapist' remark
- Samia Ghadie and Sylvain Longchambon expecting baby boy
- Jeremy Clarkson tweets sadness at final Top Gear show
- Kristina Rihanoff defended by dance partner
- Beverly Callard opens up about missing Anne Kirkbride
- Pharrell Williams won't join The Voice
- Caroline Flack 'back on' with Jack Street
- Stephen Mulhern wants to present celebrity Catchphrase