Sammy Winward didn't wash during mine scenes
Sammy Winward didn't wash for four days when filming her latest 'Emmerdale' storyline.
The blonde beauty recently shot scenes where her character Katie Macey fell down a mineshaft and she had never felt dirtier than during the shooting period.
She told The Sun newspaper: ''I've never felt so grotty in all my life. I had four layers of clothing on. They were sodden and all covered in wet mud.
''I also had to have gravel rubbed into my hair, wet mud on the top and then dried blood around my face. I was filming the scenes for three or four days, and they didn't want me to wash my hair or clean my nails.''
Sammy remained tight-lipped on her character's fate, but admitted it is touch-and-go whether she will survive.
She added: ''She actually gives up at one point ... but you'll have to tune in to see how things turn out!''
However, the 27-year-old actress admits shooting the gruelling scenes made her appreciate her day-to-day work on the show and she has vowed never to complain again.
She told What's On TV: ''It was a challenge. They poured a lot of cold water over me. I had four layers of clothing on and I was soaked through. I was covered in mud, grit and blood. Now that I've done eight hours a day in those conditions, I'm never going to complain about being a bit cold whilst filming in the village again!''21-11-2012
- Kerry Washington's 'risky' role on Scandal
- Jennifer Saunders wants star-studded Ab Fab movie
- Cheryl Cole takes husband's name for X Factor
- Anthony Hopkins takes lead in HBO show
- Tom Daley: TV hasn't distracted diving
- Corrie slammed over robbery plot
- Nicole Scherzinger urged to snub X Factor
- Jacqueline Jossa: Dan Osborne romance going 'swimmingly'