Joan Collins turned down 1m Celebrity Big Brother offer
Joan Collins refused a £1 million offer to star in 'Celebrity Big Brother'.
Her showbiz pal Christopher Biggins - who previously took part in 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!' - claims he was offered £300,000 to take part in the Channel 5 series earlier this year, but only if Joan took part; for which she would be offered the extravagant figure.
He said: ''I was offered £300,000 to take part in the most recent series of 'Celebrity Big Brother' on Channel 5. There was a condition attached, though - I had to persuade my very good friend Joan Collins to come in with me and, in return, she would be paid £1 million.
''It's a staggering amount of money, and more than any actor would get paid for taking part in a TV drama or soap. You can understand why so many succumb.
''Joan had the good sense to refuse, and I was relieved when she did.''
Christopher also reveals he was paid £50,000 to take part in 'I'm A Celebrity' - which he went on to win - in 2007.
He told the Daily Mail newspaper: ''While some are cagey about revealing their fee, I don't mind telling you that I was paid £50,000 for what amounted to less than a month's work.
Today, the show pays more than ever. Carol Vorderman recently revealed that she was offered £250,000 to take part this year.''22-11-2012
- James Nesbitt is enjoying celibacy
- David Hasselhoff's five wives in new show
- Ricky Wilson: Flirting with Rita Ora is for show
- Prince Charles pays tribute to Lynda Bellingham
- Coronation Street's Helen Worth 'delighted' by Tina O'Brien return
- Chloe Sims felt 'suffocated' by Elliot Wright
- Thom Evans 'plans to launch acting career'
- Ben Haenow plans to propose