Joan Collins turned down 1m Celebrity Big Brother offer
Joan Collins refused a £1 million offer to star in 'Celebrity Big Brother'.
Her showbiz pal Christopher Biggins - who previously took part in 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!' - claims he was offered £300,000 to take part in the Channel 5 series earlier this year, but only if Joan took part; for which she would be offered the extravagant figure.
He said: ''I was offered £300,000 to take part in the most recent series of 'Celebrity Big Brother' on Channel 5. There was a condition attached, though - I had to persuade my very good friend Joan Collins to come in with me and, in return, she would be paid £1 million.
''It's a staggering amount of money, and more than any actor would get paid for taking part in a TV drama or soap. You can understand why so many succumb.
''Joan had the good sense to refuse, and I was relieved when she did.''
Christopher also reveals he was paid £50,000 to take part in 'I'm A Celebrity' - which he went on to win - in 2007.
He told the Daily Mail newspaper: ''While some are cagey about revealing their fee, I don't mind telling you that I was paid £50,000 for what amounted to less than a month's work.
Today, the show pays more than ever. Carol Vorderman recently revealed that she was offered £250,000 to take part this year.''22-11-2012
- Amanda Holden to 'shadow' Holly Willoughby on This Morning set
- James 'Arg' Argent urged to stop partying
- Tom Daley planning to tie the knot?
- Simon Cowell blames BBC producers for clash
- Jay Gardner defends Ricci Guarnaccio
- Claire King has left Celebrity Big Brother house
- Catherine Tyldesley is engaged
- Kellie Bright 'honoured' by difficult rape storyline