Simon Pegg to star in Phineas and Ferb
Simon Pegg is to star in 'Phineas and Ferb'.
The 'Shaun Of The Dead' actor has lent his voice to the Disney animation, playing a delivery man, after being approached by producers when he tweeted about the hit show.
Simon - who has a three-year-old daughter Matilda - said: ''Recently, I tweeted a line from one of the songs featured in 'Phineas and Ferb' - and a couple of weeks later I was asked to come and record some voice parts for the series, one for a character called Paul the delivery guy and the other for his father. I couldn't say, 'Yes!', quick enough!
''I'm a massive fan of 'Phineas and Ferb', my daughter and I fell in love with it immediately and we watch episode after episode as part of our morning routine. I can rewind sections up to 16 times just to watch her laugh and laugh and laugh. It is truly joyous.''
Simon says he can't wait to see Matilda's reaction to the show and is convinced she will enjoy it.
He added: ''Recording the characters has been a blast. 'Phineas and Ferb' is smart, energetic and above all, incredibly funny. I can't wait to see my daughter's reaction to watching her dad in our favourite show.''
A number of British guest stars have appeared on the show including David Beckham, Jamie Oliver, Damian Lewis and Gary Lineker.
The episode 'Delivery of Destiny' is set to premiere on Disney XD UK in spring 2013.26-11-2012
- James 'Arg' Argent 'safe' after being reported missing
- Peter Kay set for Phoenix Nights return?
- Simon Cowell: Fatherhood hasn't changed judging style
- Leslie Jordan evicted from 'CBB'
- Iain Watters to make Great British Bake Off return
- Tess Daly: Claudia Winkleman 'incredibly talented'
- Simon Cowell doesn't want The X Factor to be boring
- Cheryl Fernandez-Versini thinks she has winning act