Denise Van Outen's 'relief' for Victoria Pendleton
Denise Van Outen felt ''relieved'' for Victoria Pendleton following her 'Strictly Come Dancing' exit.
The TV presenter admits she feels ''sad'' when any of the contestants depart on the BBC One show, but she is pleased the ''exhausted'' Olympic gold medallist - who left the competition on Sunday (25.11.12) - is now able to have a rest after going straight from competing at London 2012 to training for the programme.
She said: ''Now when people leave you've spent a lot of time with them so it is sad. But for her I felt a little bit relieved because she's actually exhausted. She's had such a busy summer with the Olympics and training for 'Strictly', and 'Strictly' is really full on.
''I had a nice long break and a holiday before I started training but she's stepped out of the Olympics and straight into the ballroom so she needs a break.''
Denise is now favourite with the bookmakers to win the competition ahead of Olympian Louis Smith, but the 38-year-old star insists she tries not to pay attention to the odds for fear of inviting pressure on herself.
She added: ''I don't really take any notice of it to be honest, it's one of those things that if you start reading all of that then you put too much pressure on yourself. I try not to fell pressure, I just want to enjoy the dancing. I'm not thinking about winning or anything, I'm just thinking about enjoying it.''
Denise is promoting harmonious Christmas TV viewing with the help of Freeview+, the box that lets you watch the TV you want, when you want www.freeview.co.uk/moment27-11-2012
- Stevi Ritchie and Chloe Jasmine planning honeymoon to Mauritius
- Cheryl Fernandez-Versini wouldn't welcome Louis Walsh's return
- Charley Webb 'enjoyed' labour
- Cadbury's launch new campaign to find new Milk Tray Man or Woman
- Rylan Clarke pleads with Cheryl Fernandez-Versini to sing at his wedding
- Strictly Come Dancing: Craig Revel Horwood was 'too soft' last year
- Bobby Norris wishes Gemma Collins the best
- David Harewood to play next James Bond?