Fiz Stape to be poisoned by boiler
'Coronation Street's Fiz Stape will suffer carbon monoxide poisoning over Christmas.
The festive period will end in disaster for the factory worker when her secret lover Tyrone's attempts to fix her faulty boiler backfire, leaving her life in danger.
Alan Halsall, who plays Tyrone, told Radio Times magazine: ''He's absolutely devastated. He can't believe he is possibly going to lose yet another person who he loves.
''He thinks he knows what he's doing because he fixes cars. But, of course, the last thing he should be doing is fixing a boiler. He's not qualified at all, and it's such a risky thing to do.''
Fiz's hospitalisation also leads to a dilemma for Tyrone, as his violent fiancee Kirsty Soames (Natalie Gumede) could easily find out about his dalliances with the redhead (Jennie McAlpine).
Alan added: ''He feels guilty. She might die and it would be his fault. But he knows that if he comes clean about messing with the boiler, then Kirsty will know he was at the house and the whole affair will be exposed.''
Tyrone and Fiz have an ally in Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan), who spots them kissing together and helps their affair along.
Michelle said: ''What happens is that Tina becomes their confidante and tries to get them together. So she gives them her flat when she's at work so that they can spend time together.
''She wants them to be together, but she knows that if Kirsty finds out, it wouldn't happen. So she tries to keep it quiet as well.''
If Tyrone is discovered to have tampered with the boiler it is a serious offence, and could see him land in jail.11-12-2012
- EastEnders' Stacey and Max Branning to share kiss
- David Beckham can 'die happy' after Only Fools and Horses
- Verity Rushworth postponed honeymoon for Emmerdale return
- David Walliams' The Boy in the Dress to become BBC film
- Paddy McGuinness not threatened by dating shows
- Grace Andrews had 'no chemistry' with Mario Falcone
- Keith Lemon wants Kylie Minogue on Celebrity Juice
- Cheryl Cole 'excited' for X Factor return