Corrie's Eva tries to give Leanne alcohol poisoning
Coronation Street's Eva Price tries to give Leanne Battersby alcohol poisoning the night before her wedding.
The scheming blonde - who is portrayed by Catherine Tyldesley - plans ''several quite awful things'' in an effort to sabotage her sister's forthcoming marriage to ex-boyfriend Nick Tilsley (Ben Price), but her attempts to get Leanne (Jane Danson) drunk before her nuptials does not come off.
Catherine said: ''She'll stop at nothing to ruin their big day.
''Eva truly believes that her ex-boyfriend Nick is meant to be with her instead and plans several quite awful things to ruin the wedding.
''It all starts at the Hen Night. Eva attempts to get Leanne completely legless in the hope that she won't get up in the morning. She doesn't spike her drinks as such, she just tries to make it fun night by lining up far too many drinks and shots and staying out as late as possible. She wants to give her alcohol poisoning so she is too sick the next day to make the wedding.
''Unfortunately Leanne does get up though so Eva's plans continue. It tests her morals as to how far and how dark she will go to sabotage things.''
The 29-year-old actress loves playing the evil bridesmaid, and admits she ''squealed with excitement'' when she found out what her latest storyline was.
She added to the Daily Star newspaper: ''It's an absolute honour to have do it. When I read the script I literally squealed with excitement! I grew up watching Corrie and we always sit round as a family and watch the soaps on Christmas Day.''21-12-2012
- Stephanie Davis praises Celebrity Big Brother for saving her life after attempted suicide
- Sir David Attenborough turned down Sir Terry Wogan for a job
- Coronation Street's Carla Connor hit with twisted blackmail plot
- Christopher Biggins to quit pantomime
- Gogglebox's George Gilbey to become a dad
- EastEnders' Ben Mitchell hit with baby bombshell
- Jake Wood named UK's Weirdest Crush for second time
- Ollie Locke to film top secret show in South America