Anne-Marie Duff returning to Shameless
Anne-Marie Duff is returning to 'Shameless'.
The 42-year-old actress will make a return to the Channel 4 drama series for its very last episode, it has been announced.
Anne-Marie - who departed her role of Fiona Gallagher eight years ago during the show's second series - will be joined in returning for the finale by other show favourites, including Jody Latham and Elliott Tittensor, who played her brothers Lip and Carl.
The plot will see the Gallagher children ''summoned to show solidarity'' for their dad, Frank (David Threlfall).
A spokesperson for the show - which is set on the fictional Chatsworth estate in Manchester - said the cast are currently filming the final episode.
They added: '''Shameless 11' will be as celebratory, defiant and as unapologetic as ever.''
The 11th series is due to be screened in the spring.
Creator Paul Abbott announced last October that the programme - which began in 2004 - will come to an end this year.
Following her departure, Anne-Marie - who is married to her former 'Shameless' co-star James McAvoy - went on to star in dramas 'Parade's End' and 'The Virgin Queen' and movies such as 'Nowhere Boy', as well as a number of stage productions.10-01-2013
- Mel B axed from X Factor because of Stephen Belafonte?
- Susanna Reid doesn't get starstruck
- Chris Gascoyne returning to Corrie for Deirdre's funeral
- Richard Hammond is 'not about to quit' his mates
- Matt Smith 'in talks to play Prince Philip in The Crown'
- MasterChef contestant compared to Mr Monopoly
- Celebrity Big Brother star diagnosed with cancer
- Scientologists make Louis Theroux movie