Sheridan Smith to star in dating drama
Sheridan Smith and Andrew Scott are to star in a new dating drama.
The 'Mrs. Biggs' actress and the 'Sherlock' actor will appear in new Channel 4 drama series 'Dates', which follows the lives of one couple in each of the nine episodes to see how their first meeting with each other plays outs.
Sheridan is to play stunning schoolteacher Jenny, who goes on a date with City trader Nick - who is portrayed by 'Utopia' star Neil Maskell - while Andrew's alter-ego is a Christian called Christian, The Sun newspaper reports.
Will Mellor - who shot to fame in 'Hollyoaks' before starring in 'Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps' for 10 years - is also starring in the series, as well as 'Secret Diary of a Call Girl' beauty Gemma Chan and 'Murder By Numbers' star Ben Chaplin.
The majority of the characters will only go on one date, but Sheridan's alter-ego will go on two, and the individual stories of the daters will intertwine throughout the series.
Filming for 'Dates' - which is the brainchild of 'Skins' creator Bryan Elsley - has already started, and the show will air this summer.05-02-2013
- Simon Cowell considering celebrity X Factor
- 'Downton' star Lily James forced off internet by trolls
- Coronation Street bosses to fine cast members for bad behaviour
- Robert Sugden to return to Emmerdale
- Sir Bruce Forsyth: I wasn't the 'real Bruce' on Strictly Come Dancing
- James Jordan to get own reality show
- Gino D'Acampo to stand in for Holly Willoughby on Celebrity Juice
- Jim Rosenthal wants Plebs wrestler role