Ricky Gervais bringing back David Brent
Ricky Gervais is bringing back David Brent for a one-off episode of 'The Office'.
The funnyman actor has decided to reprise the role of the cringe-worthy boss in a special show, entitled 'The Office Revisited', which will see David aiming to become a Simon Cowell-type music mogul.
Viewers last saw David trying - and failing - to crack the charts in the two 'Office' Christmas Specials in December 2003 and now he will be seen trying to break urban act Dom Johnson.
Ricky told The Sun newspaper: ''I thought it was time to revisit my most famous comedy creation to find out what he's been up to for the last decade and most importantly what he's up to now. He is passing on his wisdom to younger would-be rock stars now.
''Well, really he is trying to worm his way back into rock and roll. Fans of 'The Office' will be excited to know we finally get to hear the whole of 'The Serpent who guards the gates of Hell' and an amazing Brent self-funded video 'Equality Street'. Horrendous.''
However, David - who was fired from his job as the general manager of Slough paper merchants Wernham-Hogg - hasn't had much success and earns a living by selling cleaning products door-to-door to fund his dreams.
'The Office Revisited' has been made as part of BBC Comic Relief and airs on March 15.28-02-2013
- The Jump to return for second series
- Daisy Lewis hates being called 'feisty'
- Ahsley Roberts: I'm not a homewrecker
- Amanda Holden to 'shadow' Holly Willoughby on This Morning set
- James 'Arg' Argent urged to stop partying
- Tom Daley planning to tie the knot?
- Simon Cowell blames BBC producers for clash
- Jay Gardner defends Ricci Guarnaccio