Russell Brand wants to be Doctor Who
Russell Brand wants to be the next 'Doctor Who'.
Casting has begun to find the twelfth actor to embody the Time Lord when Matt Smith leaves at the end of this year, and reformed bad boy Russell would like to audition.
He told Absolute Radio's Christian O'Connell breakfast show: ''I'd love to be in Doctor Who. I'm in, I'm in.
''I'd love to be him, I'd be like a [fourth Doctor] Tom Baker one, like a sort of long scarf, flouncy, wistful, quoting occasional poems, kicking cyber-men in the nuts. This is what the country needs.''
However, notorious ladies man Russell - who has starred in Hollywood films including 'Get Him to the Greek' and 'Arthur' - warns he may not be able to stop himself abusing his powers if he were to land the role.
He added: ''I would just travel through time pinching people's arses.''
Filling Matt's shoes as the TARDIS travelling Time Lord after the 2013 Christmas special will not be easy, as his four-year reign as the Doctor has been one of the most popular in the show's history, but actors in the frame include Chiwetel Ejiofor, Ben Daniels, Russell Tovey, Rupert Grint, Martin Freeman, Ben Whishaw, Colin Morgan, Sean Pertwee and David Morrissey.07-06-2013
- Rob Brydon and Sir Tom Jones for Children in Need
- Rita Ora 'worked hard' for X Factor role
- Strictly bosses fear pro dancer 'fireworks'
- Celebrity Big Brother confirms UK vs. USA theme
- Love Island's Hannah and Jon want a 'gangsta' wedding
- Louis Walsh returning to X Factor as a cleaner?
- Apprentice star Stuart Baggs found dead
- Carol McGiffin 'happier than ever'