Russell Brand wants to be Doctor Who
Russell Brand wants to be the next 'Doctor Who'.
Casting has begun to find the twelfth actor to embody the Time Lord when Matt Smith leaves at the end of this year, and reformed bad boy Russell would like to audition.
He told Absolute Radio's Christian O'Connell breakfast show: ''I'd love to be in Doctor Who. I'm in, I'm in.
''I'd love to be him, I'd be like a [fourth Doctor] Tom Baker one, like a sort of long scarf, flouncy, wistful, quoting occasional poems, kicking cyber-men in the nuts. This is what the country needs.''
However, notorious ladies man Russell - who has starred in Hollywood films including 'Get Him to the Greek' and 'Arthur' - warns he may not be able to stop himself abusing his powers if he were to land the role.
He added: ''I would just travel through time pinching people's arses.''
Filling Matt's shoes as the TARDIS travelling Time Lord after the 2013 Christmas special will not be easy, as his four-year reign as the Doctor has been one of the most popular in the show's history, but actors in the frame include Chiwetel Ejiofor, Ben Daniels, Russell Tovey, Rupert Grint, Martin Freeman, Ben Whishaw, Colin Morgan, Sean Pertwee and David Morrissey.07-06-2013
- Michelle Keegan 'fantastic' in first film role
- Sinitta ready to The Voice if Simon axes her from X Factor
- James Jordan and Jasmine Lennard check out of Big Brother Hotel
- Simon Cowell wants Olly and Caroline to create se-X Factor
- Nick Grimshaw gets X Factor offer from Jessie Ware
- Gemma Collins: I don't 'believe in therapy'
- Steven Moffat: Doctor Who criticism gets me down
- Corrie's Callum to take advantage of Bethany's crush