Natalie Anderson to release new album
Emmerdale's Natalie Anderson is planning to release a new album.
The 31-year-old actress - who wowed millions on Saturday night (29.06.13) after singing her rendition of Katy Perry's 'California Gurls' on ITV's new entertainment show 'Your Face Sounds Familiar' - recorded the soundtrack two years ago and has now vowed to release it later this year.
Speaking to The Sun newspaper, she said: ''I do love singing and I am always driving everyone mental with my singing on 'Emmerdale'.
''I have got an album ready to release which I've had for two years. I hadn't released it yet as I had a baby, Freddie, and it just wasn't the right time.''
Natalie - who plays Alicia Metcalfe in the ITV soap - claims that singing is her passion but her main focus will always be on her acting career and her 11-month-old son.
She added: ''If I put a new album out on my own label and people buy it brilliant but if they don't that's ok. My priorities are Freddie, my family and 'Emmerdale.'''
The soap star closed the door on her singing dream in 2001 when she was beaten to a place in the final 10 of 'Pop Idol' by Will Young, but has now admitted she's feeling confident and ready to take on ''everything.''
She explained: ''With Pop Idol I was not ready for everything but now I have had time to grow in confidence. I feel ready for it all. It is lovely to be doing this new show at this time in my life.''01-07-2013
- Amy Childs is dating Bournemouth footballer
- Robert Pattinson helped choose sister's X Factor songs
- Coronation Street's Kylie Platt's marriage heading for trouble
- Emily Rose rejects son casting in Haven
- Katie Price to star in new reality TV show
- Loose Women pay tribute to Lynda Bellingham
- The Simpsons kill off Krusty the Clown's dad
- Anne Kirkbride written out of Corrie for three months