Michelle Ryan to star in Death in Paradise
Michelle Ryan is to star in 'Death in Paradise'.
The 29-year-old actress - who is known for playing Zoe Slater in 'EastEnders' - has landed the role of an over-bearing, dominant actress with a murky past in BBC One's hit drama, and she admits she's loved shooting scenes for the upcoming series on the sandy shores of the Caribbean.
Speaking of her new role, she said: ''It's very exciting to be a part of this excellent series. I play an actress who is quite a handful with a dark past. The action element is always appealing for me and getting to film on the gorgeous Island of Guadeloupe was incredible. We had so much fun!''
Peter Davidson - who played the fifth Time Lord in 'Doctor Who' - has also joined the star-studded cast, along with Helen Baxendale, Adrian Scarborough, Hannah Tointon, Daniel Lapaine, Kathryn Drysdale and Tristan Gemmill for the latest series.
Belinda Campbell, Executive Producer of the show, said: ''We're thrilled to have another fantastic list of talented guest stars involved for the third series of 'Death In Paradise'.
''We're very lucky to have such gifted actors and actresses to accompany our equally brilliant regular cast in bringing the twists and turns on the intricate mysteries to life. Hopefully the new series will help bring some Caribbean sunshine to the UK during the cold and rainy winter months!''
It was revealed earlier this year that Kris Marshall would be replacing Ben Miller as hapless detective, Humphrey Goodman, who is stuck in a mid-life rut and moves to the sunny fictional island of Saint-Marie to start afresh.30-07-2013
- Joey Essex to be Kim Kardashian West of skiers
- Nadia Sawalha evicted from 'Celebrity Big Brother'
- Piers Linney has quit Dragons' Den
- Sir David Jason thanks family values for Only Fools and Horses success
- Chris Evans in 'the middle of tests' for prostate cancer
- Zoe Ball to present EastEnders aftermath show
- Julie Walters refused to play 'downstairs' role in Downton Abbey
- Hayley Tamaddon dating Joe Tracini