Suzanne Shaw's son embarrassed by Dancing on Ice
Suzanne Shaw's son is embarrassed about her taking part in 'Dancing on Ice'.
The former Hear'Say singer admits her nine-year-old son Corey was mortified when he found out she was returning for the ITV show's all-star series - after initially skating to victory in 2008 - but is now excited about the possibility of appearing on TV.
Speaking to hosts Kate Garraway and Aled Jones on ITV's 'Daybreak', Suzanne laughed: ''He's just embarrassed about it, he's like, 'Please don't fall, please don't embarrass me in front of my schoolmates ... but will I be on the telly? Will you see me in the audience?' ''
The ex-'Emmerdale' actress is determined to make her late dad Vincent proud with her performances because he was her biggest supporter before he passed away from a brain tumour in 2012.
She said: ''It's been a really tough decision, I mean very much so. It's going to be quite hard for me because just the memory of him being there, he was there every single week, he loved the show.
''I know how much he really was so proud of me and was so behind me with the show. So it is going to be tough but he's looking down on me, everything's really positive with it and I just think, 'Come on, let's do it for Vinny!' ''
Suzanne is once again partnered with professional skater Matt Evers and the pair wouldn't dream of hitting the ice without their lucky orange gloves.
Matt said: ''These are the good luck gloves! We train with these.''
The blonde beauty added: ''So much so, I don't think I can take them off on the night, I'll be wearing these on Sunday (12.01.14) because now I feel like I have to have them on all the time.''10-01-2014
- Katie Waissel: Cheryl Fernandez-Versini's a 'horrible human'
- TNA IMPACT to film six TV episodes in UK
- Louis Walsh confirms he's in talks for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
- Louise Thompson: Spencer Matthews doesn't have feelings
- EastEnders' Dean Gaffney: Wellard Two camera shy
- Carol Kirkwood's losing her sight
- Nadiya Hussain wins Great British Bake Off
- Danielle Armstrong: James Lock and I could still be together