Emmerdale's Belle Dingle kills her best friend
Emmerdale's Belle Dingle is to be accused of murder.
The schoolgirl - who is played by Eden Taylor-Draper - will see her life crumble before her eyes after she accidentally kills her best friend Gemma Andrews (Tendai Rinomhota).
The teen girls become love rivals and end up squabbling after they both fall for Sean Spencer (Luke Roskell), but Belle takes it a little too far when she throws Gemma to the floor and her former pal bashes her head.
The pair walk away from each other in rage, but Gemma later collapses and ends up in a ditch and her body isn't discovered until days later.
Show bosses are remaining tight-lipped on whether Belle will tell the police about her involvement in Gemma's death, but by spilling the truth she could see herself being thrown behind bars.
However, the youngster could be left to deal with the problem on her own after her family turn their back on her as they struggle to come to terms with what she's done.
Emmerdale's producer Kate Oates told Soap Squawk: ''One of the things I love about the Dingles is that they always triumph in the face of adversity. They stick together.
''But we've got a story that will really test them as a family this year.
''Something life-changing is going to happen to Belle early in the year.
''Belle, who has always been the bright spark of the family, will need the support of the other Dingles, but maybe they don't support her in the way that she needs them.''23-01-2014
- Craig Revel Horwood wants Dermot O'Leary on Strictly Come Dancing
- Amanda Holden's Britain's Got Talent role for life
- Jasmin Walia eyes Bollywood movie
- Jermain Jackmain: Stevie McCrorie shouldn't give up day job
- Kristian Kiehling wanted explosive EastEnders exit
- Jenny Agutter was mistaken for Mary Whitehouse
- Stevie McCrorie stopped gig for pesky wasp
- Mark Wright 'probably won't bother' to vote