Goran Visnjic to play Halle Berry's husband in Extant
Goran Visnjic has been cast in Halle Berry's new TV show, 'Extant'.
The 'ER' actor has signed up to play the A-list actress' on-screen husband in the upcoming Steven Spielberg-produced CBS drama about an astronaut who returns to Earth after a year-long solo mission.
The Croatian star will play John Watts, who struggles to reconnect with Halle's character after her absence, The Hollywood Reporter writes.
'Dallas Buyers Club' actor Michael O'Neill has also joined the cast, which already includes 'Looper' star Pierce Gagnon, who will play Halle's on-screen son, and Camryn Manheim as her best friend.
O'Neill will portray Alvin Sparks, an ex-astronaut who is now the director of the privatised space program.
The show marks 'Cloud Atlas' actress Halle's first regular TV role since 'Knots Landing' in 1991.
She previously commented: ''For five months a year I'll get to live with and play this incredibly intelligent and vulnerable woman, and for the remainder of the year I'll continue to look for other roles that move me as deeply as this one.''
The series launches in the US on July 2.30-01-2014
- Thom Evans dating Strictly Come Dancing partner?
- George Clooney left Downton Abbey cast starstruck
- Pixie Lott: 'I hope there are no Strictly Come Dancing nip slips'
- Millie Mackintosh: Kim Kardashian West looks like a 'sex object'
- Lacey Turner: Filming Our Girl an 'eye-opener'
- Nick Frost for Doctor Who Christmas special
- Judy Murray facing Strictly Come Dancing fan backlash?
- Kim Kardashian West vying for a role in 'Downton Abbey'