Goran Visnjic to play Halle Berry's husband in Extant
Goran Visnjic has been cast in Halle Berry's new TV show, 'Extant'.
The 'ER' actor has signed up to play the A-list actress' on-screen husband in the upcoming Steven Spielberg-produced CBS drama about an astronaut who returns to Earth after a year-long solo mission.
The Croatian star will play John Watts, who struggles to reconnect with Halle's character after her absence, The Hollywood Reporter writes.
'Dallas Buyers Club' actor Michael O'Neill has also joined the cast, which already includes 'Looper' star Pierce Gagnon, who will play Halle's on-screen son, and Camryn Manheim as her best friend.
O'Neill will portray Alvin Sparks, an ex-astronaut who is now the director of the privatised space program.
The show marks 'Cloud Atlas' actress Halle's first regular TV role since 'Knots Landing' in 1991.
She previously commented: ''For five months a year I'll get to live with and play this incredibly intelligent and vulnerable woman, and for the remainder of the year I'll continue to look for other roles that move me as deeply as this one.''
The series launches in the US on July 2.30-01-2014
- Eleanor Tomlinson consults boyfriend before Aidan Turner sex scenes
- Top Gear live shows to go ahead under different name
- Sarah Harding cast in Coronation Street
- Chloe Lewis: The Only Way Is Essex makes you more 'heartless'
- Stacey Solomon gets 'embarrassed' talking about Steve-O
- Paul O'Grady would punch Craig Revel Horwood on Strictly Come Dancing
- Jonathan Ross: Awards ceremonies are a 'bad idea'
- Stan Lee creates superhero series for British TV