Goran Visnjic to play Halle Berry's husband in Extant
Goran Visnjic has been cast in Halle Berry's new TV show, 'Extant'.
The 'ER' actor has signed up to play the A-list actress' on-screen husband in the upcoming Steven Spielberg-produced CBS drama about an astronaut who returns to Earth after a year-long solo mission.
The Croatian star will play John Watts, who struggles to reconnect with Halle's character after her absence, The Hollywood Reporter writes.
'Dallas Buyers Club' actor Michael O'Neill has also joined the cast, which already includes 'Looper' star Pierce Gagnon, who will play Halle's on-screen son, and Camryn Manheim as her best friend.
O'Neill will portray Alvin Sparks, an ex-astronaut who is now the director of the privatised space program.
The show marks 'Cloud Atlas' actress Halle's first regular TV role since 'Knots Landing' in 1991.
She previously commented: ''For five months a year I'll get to live with and play this incredibly intelligent and vulnerable woman, and for the remainder of the year I'll continue to look for other roles that move me as deeply as this one.''
The series launches in the US on July 2.30-01-2014
- Emmerdale's Donna Windsor will keep cancer secret
- Joey Essex signed to modelling agency
- Catherine Tyldesley: Eva is perfect barmaid material
- Michelle Keegan: I'll always be in debt to Coronation Street
- Tom Baker has no Doctor Who advice for Peter Capaldi
- Helen Flanagan: London is 'b*tchy'
- Party Wright Around the World is axed by ITV2
- Don Gilet's character to cause a stir in Holby City