Anna Passey wants Best Villain soap award
Anna Passey wants to be crowned Best Villain at the British Soap Awards.
The 'Hollyoaks' beauty, who plays scheming Sienna Blake on the Channel 4 soap, is desperate to win her first ever gong at the London awards ceremony later this month.
She told the Daily Star newspaper: ''I would absolutely love to win because I have never won an award. I was up for an NTA (National Television Awards), which was exciting but disappointing not to win.
''The fact I've got another go at it is great, especially in the villain category, because I absolutely love playing a villain.''
The 28-year-old actress, who missed out on a Sexiest Female nomination, faces stiff competition from her own co-stars Greg Wood (Trevor Royle) and Jesse Birdsall (Fraser Black) in the Best Villain category and hopes Sienna' vulnerable side won't mean she isn't a top contender for the prize.
Anna - who joined the soap in 2012 - added: ''I'm very excited. I was worried because Sienna's had her more vulnerable, softer side on screen.
''As she's such a complex character I wondered whether people would start to question whether she's actually a villain or not.
''I didn't expect to be shortlisted. But I'm not sure I have a chance against those two because they are mean men.''
Fans can cast their votes ahead of the May 24 ceremony at britishsoapawards.tv.07-05-2014
- Danny Dyer left in tears by daughter's movie debut
- EastEnders to celebrate 30th anniversary with week-long live episodes
- Josie Cunninham set for I'm A Celeb
- Simon Cowell axes dolphin scenes from Xtra Factor
- Greg Wallace surprised by toughness of 'Strictly Come Dancing' training
- Angela Griffin wants 'Coronation Street' return
- Demot O'Leary: Louis Walsh is the 'dirtiest' X Factor judge
- Holly Willoughby opens up about newborn son