Davy Jones laid to rest
The Monkees star Davy Jones was laid to rest in a private funeral near his home in Florida yesterday (07.03.12).
The 'Daydream Believer' singer - who passed away aged 66 from a heart attack last Thursday (01.03.12) - was cremated in a small ceremony attended by family including his wife, Jessica Pacheco and four daughters from previous marriages: Talia Elizabeth, 43, Sarah Lee, 40, Jessica Lillian, 30, and 23-year-old Annabel Charlotte.
It is believed his ashes will be returned to his birthplace, Manchester, England, where a public service is planned for him next week.
A further public service will be held in the US, and although it has not been confirmed it is thought it will be held in either Los Angeles or New York.
Paying tribute to her father, Annabel wrote on Facebook yesterday: ''My family and I have been overwhelmed by the love and support of everyone who has reached out to tell us that we're not alone.
''Thank you for helping to make me feel less lost and bottomless, knowing you are all dotted around the Earth makes life less frightening and like if we all reached out we could hold hands and make a chain all the way around the planet.
''Dad and I connected mostly over music, songwriting and performance, that's where we understood each other. The hours I spent sitting amongst you all watching him perform are honestly some of my most precious and treasured moments.''
Davy's Monkees bandmates Michael Nesmith, Peter Tork and Micky Dolenz were not at the funeral, saying they wanted to avoid it becoming a ''media circus''.08-03-2012
- Uzma: Lord Sugar's sacking 'made sense' - 23 May 2013
- Phillip Schofield wants royal All Star Mr and Mrs - 23 May 2013
- Paris Hilton to marry soon - 23 May 2013
- George Michael 'almost killed' by motorist - 23 May 2013
- Amber Rose's son hates car seats - 23 May 2013
- 'Romantic' Chad Kroeger - 23 May 2013
- Leona Lewis devastated by first heartbreak - 23 May 2013
- Katherine Heigl loves country life - 23 May 2013