Sid Owen splits from fiancee
Sid Owen has split from his fiancee.
The 'EastEnders' actor - who is set to return for another brief stint as Ricky Butcher in the BBC1 soap - and Polly Parsons have separated after six years together but have vowed to stay friends, the soap star has confirmed.
He told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''We're still good friends but we are not together anymore. I'm single.''
Sid secretly proposed to Polly during a holiday to Barbados in 2009.
He said at the time: ''There was a raft out at sea which we'd swim out to. I didn't have a ring so I got this guy on the beach to make one out of beads in the reggae colours, as I love my reggae, and I put that in my back pocket and we swam out there and I proposed.''
However, the 40-year-old actor and 28-year-old Polly - who got together after appearing in panto together in 2006 - had a turbulent relationship which saw them scrap their wedding in September 2010 after a two-month split.
The couple split following a dispute over where they should marry, with Polly wanting to wed in Barbados but Sid hoped to tie the knot at his French farmhouse.
Following their first split, Polly claimed they called off the wedding because preparations ''got out of hand''.
She said after they reconciled last year: ''We had some time apart. But it made us appreciate each other and realise we wanted to be together.''22-04-2012
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013