Celine Dion sells house
Celine Dion is selling her Canadian home for $29.5 million.
The 'Think Twice' singer's husband Rene Angelil says the birth of their youngest sons, twins Nelson and Eddie, now 19 months, changed a lot in the lives, preventing them from living in the property, and they are also based a lot in the US because of Celine's residency in Las Vegas and the schooling of their elder child Rene-Charles, 11.
He said: ''We are mostly in Florida, Rene-Charles goes to school here.
''And of course there are commitments in Vegas because of Celine.''
The four-storey chateau sits on a private island, Ile Gagnon - which is situated between suburban Laval and Montrea's north shore - and its huge price tag would make it one of the five most expensive residences in Canada.
Sotheby's will handle the sale of the property, which is protected by private fencing, though tourists often rent boats to approach the island take pictures of the house.
Although the family spend a lot of their time in the US, Rene insisted they are not leaving Canada completely and plan to look for another property in the country.17-05-2012
- Katy Perry thinks Robert Pattinson deserves better - 25 May 2013
- Jeremy Piven branded 'highly unprofessional' - 25 May 2013
- Randy Jackson wants 'Idol' to be about new talent - 24 May 2013
- Lily Aldridge has crush on Jennifer Lawrence - 24 May 2013
- Aaron Paul to marry this weekend - 24 May 2013
- Brad Pitt praises Gwyneth Paltrow's father - 24 May 2013
- Debra Messing guilty about divorce - 24 May 2013
- Amanda Bynes released after being charged - 24 May 2013