Cabaret star Will Young
Will Young is set to star in a new theatre version of 'Cabaret'.
The 'Jealousy' singer - who has acted in TV shows and film 'Mrs. Henderson Presents' - will play the master of ceremonies, who is famous for welcoming patrons into the dark pre-World War II Berlin nightclub, in the new production.
Rufus Norris, who is directing the revival of the play, says it will ''change'' the way Will is perceived in the acting world.
He told the Daily Mail newspaper: ''It's one of those great, left-field casting ideas. It will change the trajectory of Will's career. He's not done the London stage before but he has acted in film and television.
Rehearsals begin in August and the show will go on a four week tour of the UK before a run at the Savoy Hotel in London.
The 1972 movie version of the story - based on Christopher Isherwood's book about living in Berlin in the 1930s - starred Liza Minnelli and Joel Grey.
Liza won an Oscar for her portrayal of Sally Bowles in the musical, one of eight Academy Awards the film picked up in total.18-05-2012
- Simon Cowell 'dreading' BGT live finals - 24 May 2013
- Forsyth wants Play Your Cards Right return - 24 May 2013
- Amanda Bynes arrested - 24 May 2013
- Niall Horan's secret date with reality star - 24 May 2013
- Cheryl Cole says 'beauty comes from within' - 24 May 2013
- Leona Lewis is interested in astrology - 24 May 2013
- Khloe Kardashian wants a son - 24 May 2013
- Alice Eve believes in aliens - 24 May 2013