50 cent is 'doing fine'
50 Cent has been released from hospital.
The 'In Da Club' rapper is ''doing fine'' after being treated for minor back and neck injuries following a car accident yesterday morning (26.06.12) in New York.
A spokesperson for the 36-year-old star - whose real name is Curtis Jackson - said in a statement: ''Curtis '50 Cent' Jackson was involved in a car accident in New York early Tuesday morning.
''He was taken to New York Hospital Queens where he was treated for minor neck and back injuries. He was released this morning and is doing fine.''
The 'Candy Shop' hitmaker's SUV - which was being driven by someone else - collided with a truck in the early hours of Tuesday morning on the Long Island Expressway.
Bruce Miller, who was driving the rapper's car, suffered ''minor'' injuries and has been released along with 50.
The rapper has had near-death experiences in the past, most notably in 2000 when he was shot nine times in a violent attack.
He was injured on his hand, arm, hip, legs, chest and cheek, and said at the time: ''I was scared the whole time. I was looking in the rear-view mirror like, 'Oh s***, somebody shot me in the face! It burns, burns, burns.'''
50 Cent is releasing his new album 'Black Magic' this summer.
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013