Ashley Judd to sell Scottish home
Ashley Judd and her husband are selling their Scottish home for £3.8 million.
The 'Dolphin Tale' star and her racing driver spouse Dario Franchitti have reluctantly had to put the restored Georgian mansion, located in Stirlingshire, on the market because their seven pet dogs are now too old to make the journey from America to Britain.
The actress said: ''I hope a family can appreciate it. I'd like someone to live a modern life, enjoying all the things we so carefully brought to it - the wi-fi, the security - yet be in the house in a timeless way. I hope they will appreciate the aesthetic. And I want them to have fun.''
Speaking about the first time she saw the rural retreat, the 44-year-old actress was mesmerised by the house's idyllic location and immediately wanted to buy it, despite its uninhabitable condition at the time.
She told The Sunday Times Home magazine: ''It fitted that romantic picture and standard that had been set for me in terms of Scottish beauty. We turned down the drive and walked into the house. I remember my first words, 'It's an absolute dump, I have to have it!' Then I added, 'I'm going to eat those words some day.' ''
The couple, who are based in Tennessee, spent five years restoring the house to its former glory, adding modern features including a centre island that converts into a massage table, and a heated napkin rack in the butler's pantry.09-07-2012
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013