Ashley Judd to sell Scottish home
Ashley Judd and her husband are selling their Scottish home for £3.8 million.
The 'Dolphin Tale' star and her racing driver spouse Dario Franchitti have reluctantly had to put the restored Georgian mansion, located in Stirlingshire, on the market because their seven pet dogs are now too old to make the journey from America to Britain.
The actress said: ''I hope a family can appreciate it. I'd like someone to live a modern life, enjoying all the things we so carefully brought to it - the wi-fi, the security - yet be in the house in a timeless way. I hope they will appreciate the aesthetic. And I want them to have fun.''
Speaking about the first time she saw the rural retreat, the 44-year-old actress was mesmerised by the house's idyllic location and immediately wanted to buy it, despite its uninhabitable condition at the time.
She told The Sunday Times Home magazine: ''It fitted that romantic picture and standard that had been set for me in terms of Scottish beauty. We turned down the drive and walked into the house. I remember my first words, 'It's an absolute dump, I have to have it!' Then I added, 'I'm going to eat those words some day.' ''
The couple, who are based in Tennessee, spent five years restoring the house to its former glory, adding modern features including a centre island that converts into a massage table, and a heated napkin rack in the butler's pantry.09-07-2012
- Amanda Bynes' doesn't need rehab - 25 May 2013
- Chris Brown renames puppy - 25 May 2013
- Chris O'Dowd took baths with Jason Segel - 25 May 2013
- Katy Perry thinks Robert Pattinson deserves better - 25 May 2013
- Jeremy Piven branded 'highly unprofessional' - 25 May 2013
- Randy Jackson wants 'Idol' to be about new talent - 24 May 2013
- Lily Aldridge has crush on Jennifer Lawrence - 24 May 2013
- Aaron Paul to marry this weekend - 24 May 2013