Beyonce Knowles shows support for Frank Ocean
Beyonce Knowles has shown her support for Frank Ocean after he revealed his sexuality.
The 'Single Ladies' hitmaker posted a photo of the 24-year-old singer/songwriter - who revealed last week that his first love was a man - on her official blog, Beyonce.com, and added a poem superimposed over the image.
The text reads: ''Be fearless. Be honest. Be generous. Be brave. Be poetic. Be open. Be free. Be yourself. Be in love. Be happy. Be inspiration.''
It's not the first time Beyonce - whose latest album, '4', contains a track written by Frank entitled 'I Miss You' - has spoken out in support of lesbian, gay and bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community after previously insisting she has always had a ''connection'' with her homosexual fans.
She said: ''I've always had a connection. Most of my audience is actually women and my gay fans, and I've seen a lot of the younger boys kind of grow up to my music. It's great when I'm able to do the meet and greets, because I'm able to really connect and have conversations.
''People look at some of the artists that I admire - like Diana Ross and Cher - and they identity that glamour with Sasha Fierce, and I've been really inspired by the language. I have my (gay) stylists and my makeup artist, and all of their stories and the slang words I always put it in my music. We inspire each other. Like I said, we're one.''09-07-2012
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013