Beyonce Knowles shows support for Frank Ocean
Beyonce Knowles has shown her support for Frank Ocean after he revealed his sexuality.
The 'Single Ladies' hitmaker posted a photo of the 24-year-old singer/songwriter - who revealed last week that his first love was a man - on her official blog, Beyonce.com, and added a poem superimposed over the image.
The text reads: ''Be fearless. Be honest. Be generous. Be brave. Be poetic. Be open. Be free. Be yourself. Be in love. Be happy. Be inspiration.''
It's not the first time Beyonce - whose latest album, '4', contains a track written by Frank entitled 'I Miss You' - has spoken out in support of lesbian, gay and bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community after previously insisting she has always had a ''connection'' with her homosexual fans.
She said: ''I've always had a connection. Most of my audience is actually women and my gay fans, and I've seen a lot of the younger boys kind of grow up to my music. It's great when I'm able to do the meet and greets, because I'm able to really connect and have conversations.
''People look at some of the artists that I admire - like Diana Ross and Cher - and they identity that glamour with Sasha Fierce, and I've been really inspired by the language. I have my (gay) stylists and my makeup artist, and all of their stories and the slang words I always put it in my music. We inspire each other. Like I said, we're one.''09-07-2012
- American Idol will struggle to attract top talent - 18 May 2013
- America Ferrera returning to TV? - 18 May 2013
- Miley Cyrus collaborating with Justin Bieber - 18 May 2013
- Chaz Bono is looking for love - 18 May 2013
- Christoph Waltz shaken after gunfire incident - 18 May 2013
- Russell Simmons congratulates Beyonce on pregnancy - 17 May 2013
- Kelly Osbourne seen naked by builder - 17 May 2013
- Kim and baby to join Kanye on tour - 17 May 2013