Missy Elliott can't get her Lamborghini
Missy Elliott's new Lamborghini is being withheld from her.
The 'Get Ur Freak On' rapper claims the luxury car is being 'held hostage' by an Illinois-based car dealership and she is suing to get her 2012 Matte White Lambo Aventador back.
The 41-year-old star insists she made a deal with Fox Valley Motor Cars last year to buy the car for $376,000, and made a down payment of $30,000 in cash and the part exchange of her Bentley car - worth $85,000 - so she could receive the vehicle by mid-2012.
Missy contacted the dealership but was told the terms of the deal had changed as the car's market value had since risen, according to TMZ.com.
Fox Valley Motor Cars are now asking for a much larger sum from Missy in exchange for her car, so Missy - who is being represented by Singh, Singh & Trauben - is suing in Florida for damages resulting from breach of contract.
The 41-year-old rapper - real name, Melissa Arnette Elliott - is planning a comeback after seven years out of the studio.
She was due to release her new album in June, but Atlanta Records are now orchestrating a mid-August launch.10-07-2012
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013