Kanye West being lined up for American Idol
Kanye West is in talks to become an 'American Idol' judge.
The 'Stronger' rapper is said to be negotiating with producers to join the judging panel of the singing talent show, according to gossip website TMZ.com.
However, Kanye - who is dating reality TV star Kim Kardashian - is unsure if he wants to do it as he's not sure if it's right for his career.
A source added: ''He's on the fence.''
If he does sign up, Kanye can expect to be paid the same salary as new judge Mariah Carey, who is earning $18 million for the series.
Nicki Minaj is also be lined up to join Mariah on the panel and is said to be close to signing a deal.
Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Nick Jonas and Enrique Iglesias are also in the running to be a judge but it's thought if Kanye signs up, producers will have four of them sitting on the panel.
Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler quit the show earlier this year while it's thought original judge Randy Jackson will become a mentor to the contestants.
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013