LL Cool J burglar faces life in prison
The homeless man who allegedly broke into LL Cool J's Van Nuys, California, residence has been charged with first degree burglary with a person present.
Jonathan A. Kirby - a 56-year-old transient - was swiftly taken down by the actor-rapper, who detained him until police arrived after the incident.
The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office confirms he was also charged as a Third Strike offender which means, per the felony complaint filed by assistant prosecutor William Ryder, under the law of the state, if convicted, he could be facing a maximum prison sentence of 38 years to life.
The man entered LL Cool J's house at about 1am Wednesday (22.08.12) morning tripping an alarm that alerted the hip-hopster and his family to his presence.
He subsequently leaped into action and tackled the suspect and, according to police, a physical confrontation ensued in which Jonathan sustained multiple minor injuries.
The 'Mama Said Knock You Out' MC ensured the culprit was booked on suspicion of burglary and taken to a hospital where he still remains as he receives treatment for a broken nose, jaw and ribs.24-08-2012
- Seyfried felt more attractive with 'huge breasts' - 23 May 2013
- Mick Jagger to camp at Glastonbury - 23 May 2013
- Stacy Keibler wants rom-com role - 23 May 2013
- Denise Van Outen to join EastEnders - 23 May 2013
- Rihanna suing Topshop over 'unflattering' T-shirts - 23 May 2013
- Adele chooses Alan Carr to be godfather - 23 May 2013
- Janet Jackson becomes a billionaire - 23 May 2013
- Uzma: Lord Sugar's sacking 'made sense' - 23 May 2013