LL Cool J burglar faces life in prison
The homeless man who allegedly broke into LL Cool J's Van Nuys, California, residence has been charged with first degree burglary with a person present.
Jonathan A. Kirby - a 56-year-old transient - was swiftly taken down by the actor-rapper, who detained him until police arrived after the incident.
The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office confirms he was also charged as a Third Strike offender which means, per the felony complaint filed by assistant prosecutor William Ryder, under the law of the state, if convicted, he could be facing a maximum prison sentence of 38 years to life.
The man entered LL Cool J's house at about 1am Wednesday (22.08.12) morning tripping an alarm that alerted the hip-hopster and his family to his presence.
He subsequently leaped into action and tackled the suspect and, according to police, a physical confrontation ensued in which Jonathan sustained multiple minor injuries.
The 'Mama Said Knock You Out' MC ensured the culprit was booked on suspicion of burglary and taken to a hospital where he still remains as he receives treatment for a broken nose, jaw and ribs.24-08-2012
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013