Jesse Tyler Ferguson is engaged
'Modern Family' star Jesse Tyler Ferguson has got engaged.
The actor - who plays lawyer Mitchell Pritchett in the hit comedy - proposed to long-term boyfriend Justin Mikita, who happily accepted his romantic offer.
In a video posted on the website for the newly created foundation Tie the Knot, which supports the fight for marriage equality, Jesse said: ''It's true, I popped the big Q.''
To which Justin replies: ''I said yes!''
Jesse, 36, and 27-year-old Mikita - who have been dating for nearly two years - hope their union will eventually be considered official everywhere in the United States.
They've also teamed up with Tie Bar to create a collection of bowties with all proceeds being donated to various organisations to help gay and lesbian couples receive civil rights.
While Jesse is now engaged, his 'Modern Family' co-star and on-screen boyfriend Eric Stonestreet recently split from his long-term girlfriend.
The actor - who plays Cameron Tucker - and Broadway star Katherine Tokarz decided to end their three-year relationship ''a couple of months ago''.
His representative confirmed the split and said he's eager to finding love again, saying: ''Eric is happy and looking to date.''19-09-2012
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013