Neil Patrick Harris wants HIMYM to end
Neil Patrick Harris wants 'How I Met Your Mother' to end after the current series.
The comedy returns this month for its eighth season and Neil - who plays Barney Stinson - says he and the rest of the cast are ready for the show to reach its conclusion.
Neil - who stars alongside Cobie Smulders, Jason Segel, Josh Radnor and Alyson Hannigan - said: ''Our contracts end at [Season] eight, so it's one of those, you know, if they wanna do nine, they're welcome to, but we have a lot of other things [going on]. Cobie has got 'The Avengers' that just made a billion dollars, Jason makes a ton of movies, I'm anxious to move East and Josh is directing and acting in movies as well. So, we all are anxious to move forward.''
Neil also admits the only reason any of the cast will sign up for another series is if it will be incredibly lucrative for them to do so.
He told 'Access Hollywood': ''I think the only way I think a season nine or any longer would happen would be [if it were] financially right - that's the reality of it. We love the show, we love doing it - eight years is a long time and we're as happy a family as we've ever been.''
- Brad Pitt cried over letter to Angelina - 21 May 2013
- George Michael still in hospital - 21 May 2013
- January Jones will keep son's father secret - 21 May 2013
- Kelly Osboure has bronchitis - 21 May 2013
- DOI tour kicks off in March 2014 - 21 May 2013
- John Barrowman to host Sing Your Face Off - 21 May 2013
- Little Boots wants to sing in Eurovision - 21 May 2013
- Will Smith can't swim - 21 May 2013